Below is a list of websites that I recommend to my 7th and 8th grade students:
1. Learn Zillion – (free, great videos for students by Common core standard. Lessons for teachers by Common Core Standard)
2. Khan Academy – (free, instructions on most any academic topic)
3. StudyIsland – School system pays for subscription, students can access 24/7 practice and games for all Georgia standards
4. USA TestPrep – school system pays for subscription, teachers assign students questions from standards being taught. You can either add your own or retrieve a file that already exists.
5. Brain Pop – short 2-3 minute videos on math, science, other academic areas. The middle school students like the videos.
6.. Purple Math – free, helps with understanding algebra concepts
7. Algebra Lab – free, practice algebra using the graphing calculator
8. Cool Math – free, middle school students love it.
9. Math Goodies – free, activities are designed by grade level
10. Kutasoftware – for teachers – free, worksheets that have answer keys